At Northampton College you will develop your skills and receive the very best education and in state-of-the-art facilities. We are one of the leading colleges in the country, and the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands.
We are committed to providing excellence in further education and we strive to ensure you reach your potential.
In 2018 Ofsted rated us as ‘Good’ with outstanding features. Around 9,000 students choose to study with us and this number is growing.
When you study at Northampton College you can expect to develop your academic, professional, technical and employability skills as well as your maths and English. Whether you are looking for a beginner’s course, a Level 2 or 3 course or a university-level programme, we will have a course for you.
We also offer a range of Apprenticeships and have strong links with a host of key local employers.
Parents and carers
We encourage you to be involved with your son or daughter’s education. Your support will make a tremendous difference to your child achieving their potential – we particularly want you to support their further progress in gaining a GCSE at grade 9-4 (A*-C) in maths and English.
If you are a parent/carer, please click here for more information.
- High overall pass rates for 96% of students, coming out as the best college in the South East Midlands region for timely achievement at level 1, 2 and 3.
- Data released as part of the latest 2018/19 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART) shows Northampton College is placed 7th out of almost 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year-old education and training, up from 11th in the previous year’s rankings.
- Performance in maths and English is also comfortably above the national average, with the college ranked in 13th position for maths and 18th position for English.
- We have state-of-the-art facilities at Booth Lane and Lower Mounts in Northampton and Daventry. A new multi-million pound Advanced Construction Engineering Centre at Booth Lane opened its doors in September 2019, and
- 8 out of 10 students are happy with their course
- 88% of employers would recommend a Northampton College apprentice
- We have received the The Reading Agency’s Gold Award for seven successive years.
Our purpose is to provide high quality further education and training for Northamptonshire people and businesses. The College's mission is to enhance the lives of our students, helping them to reach potential through learning and to create the leaders of tomorrow.
Coming to college is not just about getting your qualifications, it’s about unlocking potential, realising ambitions and making a difference to our community.
We employ around 500 permanent members of staff and a further 300 work on a flexible basis. Staff are given every opportunity to develop their skills and we are committed to supporting a professionally-qualified and experienced workforce.
We offer a broad range of full-time and part-time courses, many funded by the Education Funding Agency (ESFA).
In addition, we offer higher education courses in partnership with the Universities of Northampton and Warwick, and offer support to a range of other organisations including the voluntary sector.