Making the decision to come to college is the first step on an exciting journey that will bring you new opportunities and help prepare you for your future career.
The Northampton College experience is different from school because you'll have a chance to work in real life environments and be taught by experienced industry experts. You won't be in a classroom all the time; you might be a studio, workshop or salon. Or you might be employed as an apprentice and earning a wage while you gain qualifications at the same time.
When you join Northampton College, you will start one of our Study Programmes. This includes a core subject in your chosen field that will lead to your main qualification. You will also learn skills to help you in the world of work including how to be a well-rounded employee.
Our Study Programme
When you join us as a full-time student, you will follow a Study Programme that includes the following:
- A qualification that will stretch your skills and enable you to progress on to further study or into employment
- Maths and English classes for everyone who has not yet achieved a GCSE at grade 4/5 or above in both subjects
- Work experience either directly related to your course, or that helps you develop employability skills or potential employment options
- Activities to help you develop life skills and to build your confidence so you can make progress in your career
- The opportunity to progress to a higher level of study.
College courses are also a good route to university – many of our diploma courses are at Level 3 (equivalent to A Levels) and universities welcome these qualifications as a good basis to prepare you for a degree. We also offer higher education ourselves in a growing number of subjects.
Don't worry if you have a learning difficulty or disability; we have a team that will help you to make sure everyone has the same opportunities to achieve their best.