Northampton College is taking part in the Industry Placement pilot, as part of the new T-Level Technical Study programme.
Industry Placements will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter employment or progress onto further training and apprenticeships.
What do students gain from completing Industry Placements?
Industry Placements are a key feature of the new T-Level qualification, supporting students to develop an appreciation of the world of work and experience employer expectations. They are purposeful, substantial and are relevant to student’s Study Programmes. They have a structured plan for the duration of the programme and students are required to complete a professional-standard portfolio. This is to be followed up with feedback and reviews from the Industry Placement and Business Centre teams.
Industry Placements at Northampton College
T-Levels were first introduced in September 2020 and Northampton College submitted an expression of interest to be a part of the September 2022 wave three commencement.
This programme will put students in an enhanced position for apprenticeships, University referrals, Further Education and non-apprenticeship employment from 2021. Any student who successfully completes the Industry Placement Skill Builder programme will be guaranteed a referral and interview with a local employer via our Business Centre.
Industry Placement Skills Builder Programme
This programme will consist of two sessions per week. One two hour taught session and one eight hour directed study session, during which you will be able to learn about and develop upon topics such as:
- The exploration of career pathways within your chosen industry sector.
- Qualifications and plans of action required.
- Skills assessments.
- Expectations and behaviours required within your chosen industry sector.
- Exploration of desired job roles.
- Promotion ladders and timeframes within your chosen industry sector.
- The application process, cover letter writing and CV support.
- Apprenticeship referrals.
- Career matching services.
Industry Placement employers
Employers are key to the development of our students. We work alongside many local employers who offer:
- Work placements.
- Career and industry specialist talks.
- Virtual careers fair participation.
- Interview skills and practice.
- Apprenticeship and employment progression opportunities.
Our Futures, careers and apprenticeship teams also offer advice, guidance, support and career matching services that help our students gain the skills and confidence required to prepare them for the world of work.
If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch: